I have always liked inspirational quotes. They drive me, motivate me and inspire me. In dark times, they help me find my way. My two favorite quotes are, “The mind is everything, what you think you become” by Buddha and one from the Talmud that says, “Every blade of grass has an angel who whispers, grow, grow!”
I went to my collection and decided to share some goodies with you. I think you will agree that these quotes are thought provoking.
- “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
- “Be as you wish to seem.” – Socrates
- “we must be careful who we pretend to be, because we are who we pretend to be” – Vonnegut
- “Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road.” – Robert Updegraff
- “Loneliness does not come from having no one around us but instead being unable to communicate the things that matter most to us.” -Carl Jung
- “It’s okay to go through awful places, just don’t stop and unpack” –Unknown
- “Never quit, make them fire you.” –
Guy Who Got FiredGuy I used to work with, name withheld.
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh
- “It’s not a lie, if you believe it.” –George Kastanza
- “People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.” – A. A. Milne
- “Better late in this life than early in the next.” –A Grandma
- “Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.” –Iroh
- “I’m ugly and I’m proud!” – Spongebob SquarePants
- “Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can break your heart” -Bo Burnham
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” Arthur Ashe
- “Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.” – George Carlin
- It never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than others, but care more about their opinion than our own – Marcus Aurelius
Do you have an inspirational quote? I invite you to share yours. It is my hope that someone else will see it and it might just make all the difference in their world.